Solar Installation Tech
Seeking Solar Installation Tech for Portland, OR Area
Interested in starting a career with purpose? It’s easy to wake up every day and work hard for something that you believe in.
Who We Are
Here at Power Northwest, we’re firm believers in providing our customers with access to clean energy provided by the Sun. We’re looking for like-minded individuals that are willing to work hard, have fun, and enjoy selling solar!
Our approach is simple. We provide great solutions, at a fair price. We strive to help homeowners and business owners reduce their carbon footprint through intelligent energy solutions.
If you’re upbeat, positive, and have any of the below qualifications, we’d love to hear from you.
Our Solar Installation Technicians work alongside a Journeyman Electrician attaching the racking support system for the solar panel array. You should be able to read design schematics, troubleshoot issues that arise in the field, and be confident working on a roof. Here’s more of what we’re looking for:
- Professional workmanship with both homeowners and co-workers, we treat each other with respect.
- Knowledge of residential electrical, building, and roofing systems
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and be comfortable on a ladder
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Believe in quality, aesthetics, and taking your time to do it right
- Must enjoy working outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to complete system verification and follow all Energy Trust of Oregon guidelines
- Always put safety first. Lead by example and mitigate safety concerns before they arise.
- OSHA 10 Certification required within 12 months
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- This position pays $18 to $25 per hour depending on experience.
- Paid bonuses for successfully completed projects
- Cell Phone reimbursement – $50 per month
- Mileage reimbursement – $0.57 per mile (Must maintain a current driver’s license)
- Professional development and training opportunities
If this sounds like the right career for you, please apply with your resume and a description detailing your prior experience and what you bring to the table.
Power Northwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Final candidates will be submitted for a background, reference check, and drug screen.
To apply, submit your resumes to us and we’ll get back to you.