Solar Electrician – Journeyman
Seeking Solar Electrician - Journeyman for Portland, OR Area
Who We Are
Interested in starting a career with purpose? It’s easy to wake up every day and work hard for something that you believe in.
Here at Power Northwest, we’re firm believers in providing our customers with access to clean energy provided by the Sun. We’re looking for like-minded individuals that are willing to work hard, dedicate themselves to their trade, and be proud of the finished product.
Our Solar Electrician reviews solar plans and executes. Being part of a team of solar installers, the Solar Electrician leads the crew in a sound electrical layout and installation. You should be able to read design schematics, troubleshoot issues that arise in the field, be well versed in 2017 and 2020 NEC, familiar with local codes, and be willing to learn and lead.
- Oregon LRT Certification, Journeyman’s License, or better
- Positive track record and experience installing residential solar
- Knowledge of residential electrical, building, and roofing systems
- Professional workmanship with both homeowners and co-workers, we treat each other with respect.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and be comfortable on a ladder
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Believe in quality, aesthetics, and taking your time to do it right
- Must enjoy working outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to complete system verification and follow all Energy Trust of Oregon guidelines
- Always put safety first. Lead by example and mitigate safety concerns before they arise.
- OSHA 10 Certification required within 12 months
License / Certification / Experience
- Journeyman Electrician License, LRT License, or better (Required)
- Electrical Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
This position pays $40 to $55 per hour depending on experience.
- Cell Phone reimbursement – $50 per month
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 4-day work weeks in the summer. That’s three-day weeks in the best months of the year!
If this sounds like the right career for you, please send us your resume and a description detailing your prior experience and what you bring to the table.
- A waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- 8 hour shift
- 30 to 39 hours per week
Yes, we are taking COVID very seriously and expect all of our team members to do the same. Especially when interacting with customers. The interview process will be remote.
Work Remotely? No
Power Northwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Final candidates will be submitted for a background, reference check, and drug screen.
To apply, submit your resumes to us and we’ll get back to you. You may also view and apply on Indeed.com.