Solar Project Manager
Who We Are
Interested in starting a career with purpose? It’s easy to wake up every day and work hard for something that you believe in.
Here at Power Northwest we’re firm believers in providing our customers with access to clean energy provided by the Sun. We’re looking for like-minded individuals that are willing to work hard, dedicate themselves to the cause, and be proud of the work that we do.
Our approach is simple. We provide quality solutions, and fantastic service at a fair price. We strive to help homeowners and business owners reduce their carbon footprint through intelligent energy solutions.
The Solar Project Manager will help execute jobs from start to finish. Manage your own installation crew and handle scheduling, ordering materials, installation, and project closeout. Manage every step of the entire solar installation process. Work alongside our team of Installers and Project Administrators to build projects and help grow our long list of satisfied customers.
Here’s a list of duties:
- Schedule crews across multiple job sites and communicate the schedule to customers, installers, and the internal team
- Manage project timelines efficiently
- Allocate resources as necessary to fulfill commitments to our customers
- Work closely with the Construction Manager and installers to effectively complete projects
- Report any customer or employee concerns to the Owner-Operator
- Answer calls on the general line, intake lead info, and pass details on to the sales team.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by creating realistic delivery expectations, mediating live questions among customers and installation crew, and being available to answer customer concerns.
- Delegate back-office tasks, including engineering, design, administration, and accounting with team members.
- Provide team members with leadership and training where necessary.
- Work efficiently with Google suite, Hubspot, PandaDoc, Monday, and Aurora Solar Design software to complete job tasks.
- Coordinate with local AHJs and utilities for efficient permitting and interconnection applications.
- Oversea corrective actions when necessary and suggest systems which can prevent the need for future corrections.
- Perform daily site visits assisting the installation crew in their work
- Perform pre construction site visits to help daft project documents and the plan set
- Create job specific Bill of Materials based on approved plan sets and engineered documents
- Anticipate additional materials or tools that might be required to complete a specific project
- Coordinate material ordering, scheduling, and delivery
- Call in local orders when necessary
- Find solutions to problems in the field as they arise
- Implement a strong work ethic
- Come to work every day with a great attitude
- Believe in quality, aesthetics, and exercise a strong attention to detail
- Hold yourself and others to a high standard of quality
- Respect others and be willing to work as a team
- Use your excellent communication skills to communicate effectively with customers
- Complete all the required documentation necessary to complete the solar installation process
- As part of the onboarding process, the Assistant Project Manager will spend roughly 40 hours working alongside the installation crew. Must be comfortable working on roofs, going up and down ladders, and being harnessed in at all times.
Experience in construction, roofing, or solar is a huge plus!
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Base (DOE) plus Bonuses (Depending on Performance) tied to project objectives and targets.
Yes, we are taking COVID very seriously and expect all of our team members to do the same. Especially when interacting with customers. The interview process will be remote.
Work Remotely? No
Power Northwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Final candidates will be submitted for a background, reference check, and drug screen.
To apply, submit your resumes to us and we’ll get back to you. You may also view and apply on Indeed.com.